Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Training With The Grand Master


I just returned from training with Grand Master Strongman Dennis Rogers in Houston Texas. It was a very productive visit to say the least. Dennis set up a small training seminar for some of his students which I was fortunate to be a part of. Many great things were covered and accomplished by all those who were in attendance. Speaking of accomplishments, notice the 1/4" x 3/4" #3 steel horseshoe on the table in the picture? I bent that particular shoe across the throat of my friend Mike "The Machine" Bruce, that's right - across his THROAT.


You will also notice the very large horseshoe I am holding while sitting beside my mentor Dennis Rogers. It is a Diamond Special #5 steel horseshoe that I bent into an "S" shape the previous evening. This is an extremely difficult feat to perform and have been told that only one other man in the world is credited with accomplishing this bend in the style I performed it.

No comments: