Friday, March 13, 2009

Shreaded



Earlier this week I was very fortunate to have a large quantity of new phonebooks given to me. As you can imagine I have been like a kid at Christmas with these, ha-ha. The first evening alone I went through ten of these books, just having some fun. Today, as part of my workout, I decided to do a quad vertical tear. I just kept ripping a piece off the book in between sets of my other exercises. Before I knew it, I ended up with five strips of this 1-5/8" thick Baltimore phonebook. Thanks Rena!

5 comments:

Hostile Words said...

boy are you in trouble if you ever need to find a phone number. Pretty inspiring!

Chris Rider said...

Thanks.

Unknown said...

Chris , I don't have anything to say but wow. I have never seen that done. Just wondering how big are your hands from wrist to finger tip .

Rob said...

Fantastic stuff, I wouldn't know where to start with ripping a phone book apart from the cheat method.

Cheers
Rob

Chris Rider said...

Thanks everyone.

Harlan, I am not the first to do this. I was inspired to do the quad tear originally by Pat Povilaitis, and later by Tommy Heslep. Looks like my hands measure 8 inches.